Job Title: Financial Analyst
Reports To: CFO
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Position Summary: Develops, interprets, and implements complex financial and accounting concepts, or techniques for financial planning and control, by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: Other duties may be assigned.
• Conducts special studies to analyze complex financial actions and prepares recommendations for policy, procedure, control, or action.
• Constructs financial models to evaluate new business opportunities.
• Analyzes financial information to determine present and future financial performance.
• Calculates financial metrics, including NPV, IRR, Multiples and ROI
• Identifies trends and recommends improvements accordingly.
• Evaluates complex profit plans, operating records, and financial statements.
• Directs preparation of studies, reports, and analyses in areas such as budgets, forecasts, financial plans, governmental requirements, statistical reports, cash flow projections, and business forecasts.
• Interprets and applies corporate financial policies, government legislation, and accounting theory.
• Establishes databases of pertinent information for use in analyzing future plans and forecasts.
• Makes recommendations to management regarding cost saving or profit generating opportunities and profitability improvement strategies.
• Coordinates with all levels of management to gather, analyze, summarize, and prepare recommendations regarding financial plans, acquisition activity, new business planning, trended future requirements, government requirements, and operating forecasts.
• Researches and prepares economic reports on subjects such as rate of return, depreciation, working capital requirements, investment opportunities, investment performance, and impact of governmental requirements.
• Assists organization's controller in the development of the budget, planning, and other corporate financial requirements.
• Provides support to accounting team at year end for preparation of financials and tax packages.
• Contributes to efforts to track outstanding construction contracts and obligations
• Prepares cash flows, capital calls and loan draw packages
• Our company is a driven organization and made up of upbeat and positive team members. Our applicant must bring these personality traits with them to qualify for this position.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs work flows and procedures.
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
Job Knowledge - Competent in required job skills and knowledge; exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills; keeps abreast of current developments; requires minimal supervision; displays understanding of how job relates to others; uses resources effectively.
Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in Real Estate and Hospitality is preferred.
Language Ability: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Math Ability: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Computer Skills: Word processing, Spreadsheets, Accounting software (Quickbooks and Oracle preferred), General Ledger, Payroll, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Internet software, E-mail, Inventory, and Database Software.
Certifications or Licenses:
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must be able to remain in a sitting / stationary position for more than 50% off the time.
• Constantly operates a computer.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
For consideration, please submit your resume to: email@example.com. (PDF or Word documents).